Reflecting on a Semester During COVID

Hi everyone! It's officially time for finals. I'm lucky that I only have one final exam left before I finish the semester, a take-home exam for my Behavioral Neuroscience class. I wanted to take this time to reflect on this semester of online schooling, quarantining, and navigating this new way of life while it's necessary. What better way to do that than through photos? Here are some of my semester highlights (and late summer highlights)!

Seeing my friends for the first time after moving back to Portland!

Bouldering at Carver

Starting my homemade garden box!

Spending time with roommates :)

Meeting my roommate's new kitten!

That one time a tree fell on our street

Golden hour with the best but least photogenic pup

On the outside, this semester seems to be much less eventful than past semesters. I haven't been able to go on many fun adventures with friends or meet lots of new people in my classes, but I have had more time to settle into independent life away from home, managing classes and work, and connecting with the people in my life more deeply. Even if this semester doesn't "look" as exciting as others, I'm incredibly glad it's gone by pretty safely and smoothly. I'll be spending the next couple of days working, finishing up with finals, shipping back textbooks, and getting ready to settle in here in Portland for the holidays. Don't hesitate to reach out with questions, calebweinhardt@lclark.edu