LET'S TALK: ways to stay connected w/ friends- remotely & fav spring semester class

 hello friends,


I hope things are as well as can be expected with the person reading this and welcome to this post.

I wanted to share some helpful tips about staying connected with friends remotely, and share some information about my course of the spring semester.


So, I am remote this semester. It’s not my favorite decision but it is what it is. I'm happy to see my family with some consistency, but I'm also missing some friends on campus. I deeply miss my roommate and honorary roommate- as she spent a good amount of time in our room, and other good friends who've been previously mentioned in past blogs. Something I am continuously realizing is that if people want to do something, they’ll make the time for it. With that, I am able to make time to contact, check up on my friends on campus, and even still make some memories through social media and technology. For example my roommate and I used to have weekly movie night while I was on campus, we’d watch rom coms or thrillers or just cheesy indie movies, and even now we make time to still have movie night. So just yesterday we had a Netflix party and facetimed. The facetime is completely optional, but I think it’s cute to be able to “be together” without being together and still watch a movie. Another example is how my other roomie and I try to check up on one another as much as possible. We have SOAN: Research Theory & Design together, so we sometimes we work together through facetime, and texts. And even outside of that class, we just chat about our days, how we’re feeling and whatnot. Lastly, another friend and I do check-ins with each other. And something big we started doing on campus to destress was coloring!! I know, that may sound a bit strange to some people, but it was a great way to remember what it was like to be a kid and just hang out without technology. But because I’m remote we have facetimes and zoom calls and still make time to color at least once every two weeks. Even though I’m completely remote, my friends and I still make the effort to stay connected. It's something I'm learning to not only be grateful of but appreciate, and as I’m not on campus it's nice knowing that you’re not forgotten. And this doesn’t just go for my LC friends, even some close friends I met in Brasil during my gap year make efforts to stay updated and check on one another as we endure this journey called life.


Now, switching topics, I wanna share with you my absolutely favorite course I’m taking this semester - SOAN: REPRODUCTIVE JUSTICE! Wow, this class is blowing my mind. Not only is the information we learn relevant to today’s society, but it is centered around gender, class, race, privilege, LGBTQ+, and more. This semester LC offered this course, and because there's a chance it won’t be offered for another 3 or 4 years it was not something I could pass up.
I came into this class open minded and with little to no expectations. We still have a lot to learn, but the articles we’ve read, the discussions we’ve had, the responses I’ve heard are all very thought provoking and engaging. The course primarily focuses on US based society in relation to pregnancy, birth, bodily autonomy, human reproduction rights, and more. Definitely a course I would recommend.


ok that’s it, tchau!