Snow!!

 It snowed! I was so happy, and surprised, and now it’s really all I can think about. 

A few weeks ago I wrote a story about what to expect in portland weather. In it, I said I didn’t expect much snow if any. Well since then it’s snowed twice and the second time it stuck around. Not that this is very typical of Portland, and I would still say the heavy-duty snow gear is probably not something you need unless you wanna go skiing. Just do make sure you have a hat and mittens. I’ve seen so many people with cold ears.


I don’t think anyone in portland was prepared for this level of snow. I can’t say I really blame them this snow is certainly unique. Between two layers of soft powdery snow, there is a layer of inch thick ice that breaks if you step too heavily. But it seems their plan to get the snow off the walking paths is a determined guy with a shovel. They have bags of salt but I don’t think they didn’t put any on the roads. It’s also affected the amount of time the Bon is open so I’ve missed a few meals.


Today my boyfriend and I went for a walk in Tryon. There was a layer of ice on top of the snow so often times my feet wouldn’t even sink through. Here are some pictures of the hike and of campus.