It's midterm season


It's midterm season (once again)! I've been lucky with my schedule this semester, and only had two midterms to take. I finished my midterm for math last week, which was a take-home exam. I'm currently working on finishing my take-home exam for my gender studies class. This exam consists of writing three short essays, so it's been taking quite a bit of time and focus. I'm hoping I'll be able to finish early this weekend so I can spend the rest of the time working on my IRB. My psych methods class just had a midterm, so I'll need to work on grading those exams! 

After the recent snowstorm, we've had some pretty nice and sunny weather in Portland! I'm trying to take advantage of the nice weather when I can, since it makes a big difference for my mood. Lately I've been taking my dog to Laurelhurst park, which has an off-leash area for running around and playing with other dogs. She's also pretty good about just sitting with me and hanging out while I get work done for my classes! 

Besides school work, I've been working on my houseplant collection. I gave away the garden box I made when I moved into my new apartment, so I've slowly been collecting more plants. I recently got this palm, and a neighbor gifted me a jade plant and christmas cactus. I repotted those and my other plants, so I'm looking forward to seeing them grow!