LET'S TALK: stress but what's new?

hi friends and welcome


It’s been a wild week, but hey what’s new, we manage and keep going- there’s some truth. :) 


Is it strange I barely remember the week? I’m here to share some feelings, some news and updates about life at the moment. I started a new job closer to my home, falling behind some classwork, and travelled internationally. 


The one thing I really have to say about anything is that I’m trying, I’m a bit tired, I’m trying to hold myself together and still going.


The semester is close to ending! I can not believe it, I don’t know how to feel about it. Things feel and seem as though they are moving very quickly and I’m barely keeping up. But like I said before, I’m trying and I feel as though that is more important than I recognize sometimes. 

I recently had a meeting with CAC (college advisor center) to discuss next semester's courses (sophomore classes). There no lie when we talk about how the courses offered at LC are very intriguing, informative and a bit unexpected. For those of us who don’t necessarily hold many expectations we got with the flow with the courses offered at LC along with other interests in mind.


A part of me is focusing on completing my general education requirements for graduation, but I’m also making sure I take classes that genuinely interest me- because there are so many that are cool! Even though I’m only finishing up my first year it feels like there are many courses offered and I’m not going to have enough time to engage in them.

So for the next semester I’m thinking about taking a religious course- Islam Origins, a soan course- Gender and Sexualities- Global, Spanish 102, and a yoga or soccer! WOW am I looking forward to next semester. I'm looking forward to getting back on campus and like reuniting with my roommate again, having access to the library and more. I’ll definitely share more as the semester comes to an end and plans become finalized.


I do not recommend travelling during school, it is rough, but I also understand folks gotta do what they gotta do- so to each their own.


For now, tchau :)