Study spots recommendations

 



Hello everyone! Despite the alterations year’s “spring break” given pandemic concerns, many students were still able to make use of the days off to enjoy themselves and relax, myself included! The other day I got to visit an amazing Brazilian coffee shop in SE Portland.


Even though this year’s “spring break” didn’t exactly scream beach time, many students were still able to make use of the days off to enjoy themselves and catch up on some much-needed rest, myself included! Despite being unable to travel, I stumbled upon a delightful Brazilian coffee shop in SE Portland (taking the necessary covid measures while doing so). If you’re lucky enough to find yourself at Favela Cafe, I would highly recommend the “Doce de Leite” latte! My friends, you are in for a treat! From presentation to taste, this caramel-filled coffee oozes perfection (that is if you have a sweet tooth like I do!). For those looking for something to eat, I would try out the “Pão de Queijo” (Brazilian cheese balls) accompanied by a piece of delicious ”Bolo de Cenoura” (Carrot Cake). 


Getting to know Portland is one of the best opportunities that enrolling in Lewis & Clark College will provide you. Coming from a small northern town in Costa Rica I fell in love the very first night when I looked at the White Stag sign, also known as the "Portland Oregon" sign. That is why I wanted to give you a list of what is behind that Oregon sign that hopefully, you will be able to see next fall