Get Your Own Room

 I spend a lot of time alone. I think I'm too particular for roommates. During my time here at Lewis and Clark, I've had two roommates. My first roommate didn't really work out. We were too different. The only thing we really had in common was the fact that we were outgoing and we allowed our room to be the place of gatherings. This ended up being detrimental in the end because it distracted me from my school work. Our friends would always come to our room, and every weekend people would be in our room until 3 AM. I never got to decide if I was going to have a chill day because our room was the social spot. At first, I loved it but as classes got harder, I realized I needed more time for rest and alone study time. 

I was too private a person for my roommate and I decided to move out after the first semester of living with her. My second roommate was super sweet but was on the opposite spectrum of my first roommate. I needed a balance. My second roommate was very quiet and I always felt like I was intruding. It did give me the excuse to not let my friends just barge in at any time of the day, but I also am loud and an extroverted person so I wanted to listen to music and have friends over sometimes but I didn't want to step on her toes. I thought about living with one of my other friends but I decided that I think living by myself was the best option. In my third semester here at Lewis and Clark I finally got a single. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much I like a person, I'm better alone. I like to be able to control my environment. Decide the energy of my room every day for me. I'm also a very clean person so having my own room it's relieving because I always know that I will come home to a clean room.

Like I said, I spend a lot of time alone even for how extroverted I am. I like my time alone. There are times when other people's energies just aren't needed and I need to wind down especially in the college environment. I have classes, work, clubs, and social life so sometimes I just need to be alone. I know for some people roommates work but I would suggest getting your own space especially if you’re particular about your time management and state of your room.