LET'S TALK: coming back to the states

Hi friends! 


Back for another weekly blog. It’s currently 8:35 pm East Africa Time, my family and I are sitting in the food lounge relaxing and here I am writing the blog. We made it safely to the airport, checked in our five bags and made it through security. Going through security was a breeze because there wasn’t a line. 


My three weeks in Kenya have flown by and I don’t know what to feel or how to feel. Although I do feel as though my body is present, but my mind is floating in space or it’s just sitting on the moon hanging out. I don’t know what to think about how I’m feeling physically and mentally, but I’m here and that's the most I can ask of myself. In other news, I’m feeling very grateful about being able to visit my family and see my grandparents and reconnect with them, my culture, and especially my language. I’ve learned more about myself and my family than I could have imagined or expected. It was truly a blessing to see my cousins and build connections and relationships.


I’m looking forward to going home! I’m looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and not being woken up by anyone. I’m looking forward to not having a daily itinerary and being able to play the/my day by ear. HOWEVER, I’m definitely going to miss Kenyan food, the surrounding green fields and trees everywhere, the cultural clothes and art pieces, and most definitely my fam- it’s just being around their presence and environment is how I genuinely love connecting and getting to know one another :)


This recent I’ve been absolutely just disconnected from school again. On one hand, I have managed to get some ish done, in terms of school assignments, exams, meetings, begin signing up for next semester classes, even the blog. On the other there’s a ton on other work still waiting for my attention and energy. At the end of the day, I know it’ll have to get done one way or another so there’s that. I hope folks can acknowledge that school international- on a separate time zone is just more than just school.


This trip has been most unexpectedly challenging and emotionally and mentally jarring. And most of the time I’m just thinking, having a whole conversation, about how I’m either not okay or how I’ll be okay, because at the end of the day I know anyone can give me advice and tell me it’s going to be alright, but if I don’t believe it or tell myself I’m not going to move on. We board in an hour and I’m excited to sleep and pass the f out.


Below I added some photos once again :)


tchau, until nextime