LET'S TALK: finishing the semester with scary emotions

 Hi friends! 


As always I hope whoever is reading this is okay or even more good. I’m pretty sure this is my last blog post for the semester/ year so I guess thanks for reading and sticking around whoever you are :) 


It’s Saturday- the weekend, my only productive plan is homework, still catching up on some work I missed while I was in Kenya and in general preparing for finals. In other news I officially signed up for housing and a meal plan next semester/ year- sophomore year homies. I genuinely don’t know how to feel about it. I’m super excited and looking forward to living and reconnecting with my roommates and just being on campus. I recently heard from a classmate that they don’t enjoy being on campus and it’s overrated, and I would have to disagree. Being on campus is what you make of it. 

To be more specific, things like meeting your roommate for the first time whether it be through social media or the first day you move into the dorms; staying up late hours getting to know your roommate(s) until you have to attend NSO. Making plans with your roommate and trying out Maggie’s for the time or taking walks on campus and getting familiar with the territory. I believe making/ finding the time to hang out with friends, to meet new people, taking the PIO to Freddy’s or just for fun, try new things that LC has to offer, explore Portland and its community, and literally doing things outside your comfort zone are just a few things that can make your time at LC and college in general great.


In all honesty it’s been a pretty challenging semester with a lot of personal things going on, then travelling during the pandemic and school year made me feel incredibly disconnected with myself, school and my external environment. Thankfully I have some people in my life who I can talk to about such feelings and thoughts so I don’t necessarily have to keep them to myself and suppress them. But the feeling of disconnection is a new feeling and it made me terrified because I feared what I didn’t know/ understand. And I'm not sure if I'll ever get to a point of understanding said feeling and I'm okay with that for now. I’m sure this feeling isn’t new to some college students so if you’re an incoming freshman I would recommend preparing yourself that there are going to be so many moments and feelings that may or may not make any sense and hopefully you not only get through those moments but grow and learn in the process but of course it's not easy. I think something that helps me get through any of these feelings is definitely taking naps, and sitting down with my thoughts. (please remember these are some things that work for me so they're subjective of course). It may sound cheesy and cliché, but I believe it's a piece of truth people can hold onto. let's just say its been a semester of scary emotions and feelings- for me, but it's slowly getting better.


I can spend a lot of time continuing this post but I don’t wanna bore folks so I guess there’s a lot to look forward to in the near future, but first we/I gotta through this week, these finals and in general this semester. It’s been a pleasure having the opportunity to write for the LC blog site. 


tchau,

natalie :) 


Here are some photos from some beautiful moments on campus:


first floor akin window
gill & ro


downtown fun
halloween week


downtown fun