So many presentations!

We're coming up on the end of the semester, which is a little bit scary! At least for me, I have a long list of tasks I need to finish in what feels like a very short amount of time. I know that I have lots of support from my professors and peers, but there's definitely a lot to prepare for. 

Being a Psychology major (and because of the classes I'm taking), many of my major projects involve presentations that will happen in the next month. On Monday, I'll give a presentation with SAAB about my practicum project, which I'm applying for funding for. This is the last step in getting set up for this study, so if I (hopefully) receive funding, I'll finally get to start collecting data! As nervous as I am for this presentation, I'm really excited to finish this next step. For the moment, I'm trying to focus on preparing for this presentation and not worrying about other upcoming presentations until after Monday.

For my TAship in Psych Methods, I'll be giving a mini-lecture about the same practicum study I'm working on. This presentation will fit with the course material for that day, specifically about the limits of generalizing research findings. This presentation will be a week after my SAAB presentation, so fingers crossed I'll have some data to talk about by then!

In my other two classes, statistics and gender studies, I'll also have final projects to present on. For statistics, my group has been collecting survey data about the pandemic's effect on student substance use. We've gotten over 50 responses already, so next we'll analyze that data and put together our presentation. In my gender studies class, I also have a group project that we'll research and present on, with the topic of queer representation and queer coding in children's media.

This definitely feels like the semester of many presentations! While they can be a little but nerve wracking, I've given a lot of other presentations in college and feel confident that I'll be able to prepare. We're so close to the end of the semester, and I look forward to sharing about the projects I'm working on with my peers!