don't forget to spend time alone!

 blog #2 hi, hello and welcome!


This week went by quickly and the weekend is going by a lot faster. I wish we had longer weekends. I spent my Friday afternoon in town! I was craving boba and although I wanted someone to go downtown with, I realized I’m more than capable and comfortable doing it myself. So I ended up exploring Portland State University (PSU) listening to music and found a super cute café called Phat Cart and other food carts about a 5 minute walk from PSU. Saturday was a social day, my IME group and I went into town to have a mini social and get some free food :) 


For those who love social interaction- I hope you’re able to go out, see friends, and spend time having fun (responsibly). Maybe go to a party, or the COOP usually has something fun going on Friday’s and Saturday’s. The COOP is a coffee shop located on the ground floor of Tamarack, it’s super chill and welcoming. 

For those who prefer to keep it lowkey, I hope you’re able to enjoy the company of yourself or a few folks. Maybe having a movie night, or just hopping on the PIO to get familiarized with the route. 


I think what I’m trying to get at here, is because there are many ways to spend your weekends here at LC I would recommend doing whatever you want and whatever feels right. Not letting folks pressure you into doing something you’re not in the mood for because not only will you have probably wasted your time but you also might not enjoy yourself. So enjoy your own company! If you don't know how, there's not a right way to do it but there's definitely a way to start. Don't wait for others to be on the same page as you, if you have the necessary means to try something new- go for it! There’s only so much you can do with your time at college.




ANYONE THAT WANTS TO SUBMIT ART FOR THE RAY WARREN SYMPOSIUM!! (don't have to create something new, btw).