halloweekend :)

 Happy All Hallows’ Eve to folks that celebrate.


HI HELLO & WELCOME :) I have just one corny halloween joke before I get into the blog:

what’s a ghost’s favorite dessert? 

i-scream!! 


I absolutely live for dad & corny jokes, they’re just so bad, I kinda laugh. But what a weekend it has been, parties and parties, drag shows, and sunny days!! I’m not entirely sure, but this weekend might have been some of the last days of sun on campus/oregon, idk maybe I’m wrong.


My friday was blissful! There was sun in the day, classes got cancelled, got some cool FREE clothes from the sustainable clothing exchange hosted at the CORBETT house on scampus. I spent my evening/night at the LC drag show hosted by “GAGGED LC”, and what a show it was!

I’ll include some aesthetically pleasing photos from the corbett house, the way the sunlight enters the windows is heavenly.


Saturday was a sunny day!! So my friend and I took advantage of the day by spending the afternoon at the park where we later on met a new friend who graciously played their guitar for us and it was simple but pleasing. We drove to Vancouver to pick up a guitar and spent about an hour of our night at the MR. BEAUTIFUL concert before we had to dip. We have old souls. There was only so much noise we could handle before we got overwhelmed. 


Sunday was the day I spent in my bed. :) 


MY BIGGEST ADVICE FOR INCOMING COLLEGE STUDENTS IS, always spend your time the way you choose, spend your weekends doing you; getting social time, personal self care time, or resting in bed all day. I describe myself as having an old soul, so I very much enjoy staying in my bed all day most weekends because of the exhausting week I usually had. I will spend time with myself, maybe going to Portland and buying myself dinner (taking a break from the BON food) and boba ofc!  


Now when I use the word exhausting most might ask, “if the course work that heavy, is college that hard?” Of course how students respond to course work will always depend on the classes they are taking, but also how they choose to manage their time. I am a Sociology and Anthropology major aka SOAN, so my reading is a lot, but the thing that takes me out on a constant basis is going to be my emotions and emotional reactions to reading materials. I am an emotional person so the way I feel heavy and that act can sometimes drain me, the SOAN readings are emotionally interesting and intense, sometimes dense but very educational. I also have two jobs on campus that take some emotional energy (GE Mentor & LC Student Blogger), and of course non campus related responsibilities and commitments. DON’T FORGET Y’ALL, LIFE DOESN’T REVOLVE AROUND YOUR COLLEGE CAMPUS.


I’m planning for my roommate and I to do an update on roommate vibes, agreements, how to manage video! 


tchau,

nat


corbett house


corbett house again