Perseverance, music, and spring rolls

 Have to admit, 'twas kinda a long week. I caught some sort of sickness, but once I quickly confirmed it wasn't Covid, I had to just keep powering through it all. Thankfully, many of my professors have been extending our assignment deadlines. I think they are just as overwhelmed as we are. We are at that point in the semester where we are over half way but not yet to the final sprint. Based off what I feel and hear from others I think many of us are tired, but there is still much to be done. In terms of getting my school work done, it is helpful that the crew season is ending today. I had a great time racing at the Portland Fall Classic in Vancouver, WA today, but my schedule is about to get a lot freer. 

Let me think what else happened this past week. On Tuesday was the annual Roger's Concert. The orchestra, percussion ensemble, Ghanaian music ensemble, and two of the school's choirs all performed. There was a limited audience at the performance, however I tuned in to the livestream from my comfy couch at home. Everyone did a wonderful job! It made me more excited to perform at the Winter Concert with the Community Chorale in about a month.

On Friday, I spent the evening with my housemate Hanna and our good friend Sarah. We made some delicious Vietnamese spring rolls with tofu and a variety of fresh veggies. We helped each other with a few homework assignments and watched an episode of a new TV show on Netflix. It was a pretty good time. Anyways, it is Halloween. I better get back to passing candy to trick or treaters! Have a lovely evening everyone!