Sellwood babyyyy!

 It's been a historic week in L&C history - the Pio route to Sellwood has started on Friday! 

And while I did not go on Friday, Friday was thankfully payday, so I was able to treat myself on Saturday *insert happy dance*. The stars alligned additionally when it happened to be a beautiful, sunny day. In Portland! You learn to appreciate those after a month of clouds and rain (though I love my foggy main charachter weather). I put on a cute outfit, and though I felt adorable, I overestimated how warm the sun would keep me. Protip: just because it's sunny does not mean you will not freeze in a crop top. 


I was ready for a day of thrifting, nice walks, and some quality food. We got off at the first Pio stop (SE 13th & Tacoma), and found the nearest Goodwill Portland Outlet, or as everybody calls them 'the bins'. The bins are the holy grail of L&C students, that is one of the first things you learn when you come here. I have heard many good things about this place, but this was my first time actually going. Places like that don't really exist back home, and I didn't know what to expect. All I knew I was ready to splurge since I had my paycheck. As my roomie said "We're just children with credit cards". 

I was skeptical when I walked in, but man did I fall in love with this place. First off, shopping here does not support fast fashion, which makes it so much better for the environment! Though I am imperfect in  my life practices in relation with the environment, that makes me really happy.  Second, I love how affordable it is. As we all know it is hard to not be broke as a college student, and this works really well in that area, as the costs are given based on the pounds of things you took. Finally, the thrill of finding something awesome in the sea of stuff in front of you is so rewarding, like an adult treasure hunt. My friends and I spent a good two hours looking through stuff, exchanging things we'd think someone else would like and so on.

Finally, I got:
  • a leather jacket
  • a Christmas sweater
  • another Christmas sweater
  • a Christmas pyjamas (can you tell what my favorite holiday is?)
  • a head massager
  • two adorable stuffed toys
  • a tank top
  • a very, cute lace shirt add on (I genuinenly have no idea what it is called)
  • a Sponge Bob t-shirt
And I paid 13.5$ for all of that. Magical!

After that, we walked back to get sushi, It was my first time trying sushi, and I can describe it as a mouthful. Very good though! Teriyaki chicken and the dumplings have my heart though <3 



To complete the fun day, and hit 10k steps for the day, we walked to a cute park nearby. Since it was Halloweekend, we got some candies from our waiter in the restaurant and ate them while playing cards. We loved seeing the fall colors!


It was a great afternoon, and what followed in the weekend was very interesting as well... But those are stories for another time...

Have a great Halloween guys!
Lots of love, Mia <3