spooky season

Hey hi! I trust you’ve all had a lovely and spooky week on campus, especially with all of the decorations and festivities going around.

 

My week has been jam-packed! I’ve had so many people I love come and visit me, and it’s really given me a new perspective on campus. Along with exploring campus again through the eyes of a newcomer, I’ve gotten the chance to experience some life off-campus as well! With Passion Play taking up so much of my time, it’s been difficult to explore Portland life, but it’s so incredibly beautiful I’m grateful to have gotten the chance.

 

My partner and my parents were in town this weekend to see the show (here’s my promo moment: come see Passion Play!!!) and we explored together! I took my first trip to Sellwood and scouted out some brunch places downtown. It seems that everyone is in the spooky spirit. 

 

We went to brunch this morning at HunnyMilk. Hunnymilk is a donut-themed restaurant...sort of? You pick a drink, a sweet dish, and a savory dish, and that’s your meal! I had the chai tea, the popcorn chicken and waffle dish (donut?), and the apple pie dish (donut?). It was DELICIOUS. I highly recommend it should you have a hankering for a bougie breakfast.

 

We also had lunch a few days ago at Nobby’s, which features our soup of the week on For the Love of Soup! This week’s soup was a cheddar and cauliflower soup. Paired with a grilled cheese sandwich and sweet potato fries, it was delightful and very affordable. 



Soup Review: 4/5 stars

 

It tasted wonderful, but I could have done without quite so many cauliflower chunks in the soup. 

 

Over the course of the weekend, we mostly did pretty typical tourist things around the city like visiting the Rose Test Garden and the Portland Japanese Garden. They were definitely beautiful, but I think they’d be more so in-season (which it is not right now!)

 

It’s been a fabulous and spooky week! What did you all dress up as for Halloween?

 

Here’s my partner and I, dressed as Greg and Wirt from Over the Garden Wall!



-Mack

(they/she/he)

 

email: mwille@lclark.edu

insta: @mack_mae11


Come see Passion Play!! @ https://college.lclark.edu/live/news/46519-passion-play-by-sarah-ruhl