year 2 intro- fall break adventures

 blog #1 -- hi there!!


Welcome to year #2 of college. It only gets worse, jk, there are some good parts about this experience. Super exciting to be back blogging and sharing any advice, lessons, and/or info of what it’s like to be a college student here at LC. 


    My blog posts will hopefully be a mix of written blogs and video blogs, but for the first post of the semester- it’ll be a written post :) 


    This semester has probably been my most challenging semester. Now when I share that many would assume or think that I’m referring to academics, but in reality I’m talking about mental and emotional health and how those factors have been interacting with my academics. So learning how to balance all of these factors is one of the most important things I have to learn and continue to practice. If I could give one important piece of advice for any college student, it’s to start thinking about learning about your mental and emotional sides because they are the biggest factors of life that will impact everything whether you see it or not, whether you like it or not. It’s like that saying life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react or something like that. 


    It’s Fall Break (technically the end of break) but nonetheless it was enjoyed and much needed! This break was filled with students taking the time to go home and visit family, students taking trips with friends to Seattle and others just staying on campus and chilling out in their dorms. I know we also had Pioneer weekend- so that was fun to see future students touring the campuses. My Fall Break was filled with late mornings, house chores, interviews, and now on my last day- homework. It was really just about being able to stay in bed, sleep and watch tv without the stress and worry about satisfying my assignments.

I did have the wonderful opportunity to head downtown and listen to the Oregon Symphony perform the Harlem Renaissance! Wow, that was an experience. Two friends and I got dressed up, had dinner and listened to some amazing jazz and unbelievable tap dancing. And if any students are thinking about going to the Symphony- they have super cheap student discounted tickets!  Being in that black space was something I needed this semester. 


    Please don’t forget to take care of yourselves and take breaks and enjoy your own space :) 


-tchau ;)



Oregon Symphony- Harlem Renaissance 10/09










bomb mexican food truck!










THERE IS A CALL FOR ART!! anyone interested in sharing art for the Ray Warren Symposium on Race & Ethnic Studies!! the themes are joy & justice
the deadline is OCT.18 @ 5pm :) 



        there are cute little boba trucks everywhere :)