Good food, good vibes, good weekend

Hello everyone! My week has been pretty chill. I had a Buddhism midterm, got my covid booster shot, volunteered at a community garden with the crew team, and worked a catering event. The catering event was for a company called Field & Vine. I heard about this job from a recent LC alum and started working events over the summer. It is a pretty sweet gig because the scheduling is very flexible and I get to go to cool outdoor venues in the area. A lot of the events are farm dinners put on by the company that guests buy tickets to, but they also cater fundraisers, weddings, and other events. I have seen many beautiful sunsets, while listening to some great tunes, finishing up a solid day of hard work, thinking about the smiling faces I just served and the delicious food waiting for me after work. This weekend the event was an 80 person event at Tumwater Vineyard in West Linn, 30 minutes south of Portland. Due to the cooler weather around this time of year, this event was inside the winery's tasting room, but it was still a lovely venue. Outside was breezy and foggy with a pond and rolling fields. Inside was a warm fireplace in a small cozy area where we set up several large tables for the guests to dine at. We spent a couple hours putting up tables and chairs and setting them with table clothes, dinnerware, little pumpkins, candles, and foliage. After that, the six of us serving just had to wait for the guests to arrive.
The event went surprisingly smoothly, considering the attitudes some of the guests seemed to have when they first showed up. People were picky about their seating arrangements and some were resistant to wearing their masks. However, once the first course was served people relaxed and were very polite to me. There was one sweet old lady in particular that really wanted me to know how appreciative she was of everything I did. She even tried to make my job easier by passing items down the table. This meal had seven courses of food and four wines. We served prosciutto bruschetta, baby leaf salad, shrimp and grits, spiced couscous, pork shank (mushroom rissoto for the vegetarians), parsnips, and a cranberry pear panna cotta for dessert. There were a couple pinot noirs and chardonnay served for the wine. Everyone seemed to have a delightful time. After cleanup the workers packed their boxes of food and had some wine. It had been a while since I worked an event, and it was a lovely time. I'm still not over how good the couscous was. Hope everyone has a good week! P.S. I didn't take any photos, this one is from www.oregonwine.org