the home stretch

Hey hi! Finals have been a whirlwind so far. I hope all has been going well for you and that the stress is at a minimum (though that’s optimistic, I know).

 

My opinion about finals here at L&C so far is that they’re incredibly ridiculous. They began on a Saturday, then skipped Sunday, and resumed Monday through Wednesday. I had two finals on Saturday and have my last and only other final on Tuesday. Not only that, but I don’t have a single final that consists of only one assignment. All of my finals are some combination of a paper, an exam, and a presentation. Now, I find this a little absurd. Is there really a purpose of having more than one evaluation of our progress throughout the semester when one method could be chosen and simply made to be an adequate representation on its own? 

 

Needless to say, my multi-finals have been keeping me plenty busy for the past week. Amidst the flurry of stress, I’ve been doing my best to find moments of rest, relaxation, and joy with my friends before we all trek home for the winter break. After my two finals yesterday, I attended a delightful event hosted by and with some friends called MUPPETS AND CHEESE. How cute is that?? We all dressed up as our “muppet-sona,” something previously decided by the group. I was assigned Fozzie Bear and dressed as such.

 

We gathered to watch The Muppets (featuring Jason Segel, of course) and eat fancy cheese together. It was really our last chance to be together with everyone before the break and next semester when many will be away studying abroad. Our lovely host gathered so many yummy cheeses and snacks. We ate, we laughed, we sang, and we voted on who was man and who was muppet. Who was a muppet of a man? A manly muppet? What are you?


Walter the Muppet enjoys hors d'oeuvres

I was so grateful for the opportunity to be with all of the people I’ve come to love during my first semester of college before it comes to a close. 

 

Here, now, is one of the last installments of For the Love of Soup of the semester! I’m sad too, don’t worry. But next semester will bring lots of new soup exploration, so don’t fret too much. 

 

This week’s soup was surprisingly something new to the Bon: sweet potato and ginger soup! I was hesitant at first, certainly. I find that whenever the Bon offers a seemingly wacky combination, it’s super (souper?) hit or miss. It was a bit strange, I’ll admit, but actually really good! I especially enjoyed it with crackers. The saltiness of the crackers really added a nice contrast to the sweetness of the soup, and it became a hearty and enjoyable lunch.


Soup Review: 3.7/5 stars

 

Good luck with the rest of your finals, Pios! I’ll see you later with one last blog!

 

-Mack

(they/she/he)

 

email: mwille@lclark.edu

insta: @mack_mae11