A Love Letter to the Pio

 So, you're considering LC as your new home for the next 4 years. You love the atmosphere, the academics, the beautiful and private campus... but you don't have a car. How are you going to get anywhere? How are you going to do anything? 

That's where the Pio comes in-  our big, beautiful, eco-friendly bus, so beloved she has her own meme page. 

My favorite Pio meme! Credit to @thepioofficial on Insta.

I don't use the Pio quite as often as I did when I was a freshman. Two of my roommates have cars, so I'm able to take advantage of that for most of my off-campus transportation needs. But this weekend, I ended up having to take the Pio to Fred Myer's for an emergency grocery run. And I think I forgot how much I loved her! There's just something about the rough seats, the always-suprising music selections, the drivers with their varying personalities, the swaying motion... I could go on. As I sat there with 80s pop blasting in my earbuds, I was taken right back to being a freshman on my first solo college grocery store trip. I might be making another trip with her too, just to relive my freshman/sophomore ~experience~ again.

The Pio is a great transportation option for anyone who isn't able to have a car on campus for whatever reason. In general, freshmen don't, and some people (like me) just can't afford it or have other reasons. LC's beautiful natural surroundings do have the downside of putting it out of walking distance of most places. Uber is a good option in a pinch, but some of us broke college students can't afford to just Uber wherever we want to go. The Pio is free, runs daily, and can get you almost anywhere you need to be in Portland. 

During the week, she makes stops at the Law School, the Trimet bus stop on Barbur Blvd., the local Fred Myer's, and Zupan's Marker, another grocery option. In the evenings, she runs downtown to Shattuck Hall on the PSU campus. On the weekends, she makes other stops across Portland- including one in Sellwood, an area full of fun stuff to do! The best part is that it's really easy to hop on the train or bus from any of these locations and explore more areas of Portland- no car required. 

I hope y'all have great weeks <3

xo

Ashleen