let's talk: spring semester sophomore year

 hi, hello & welcome to another blog of mine :) I hope you had a good weekend and have a good start to your week. today’s blog will be about my weekend and about my new schedule! 

Sooo, LET’S TALK: new schedule


  • spanish: mon & wed & fri 9:10am - 10:10am 

  • weight training: mon & wed 10:20am - 11:20am

  • soan methods: mon & wed & fri 11:30am 12:30pm

  • education: tues( in-school volunteering) &  thurs (actual class) 8am - 11am

I did decide to take a lighter load this semester due to some personal health concerns, and I am very much liking my load, the times, and my academic schedule. The class I’m enjoying the most throughout the beginning of my spring semester is my EDUCATION 205! I think that SOAN majors would definitely enjoy this class and even anyone interested in the U.S education system :) This is my favorite class because I didn’t have the curriculum at my high school to learn about the system I’m currently occupying space. So the class has two parts: the academic side and the volunteering side. Normally this class meets on tuesdays and spends the class period (3 hours) helping around/ learning/ engaging with students and the thursday is a class day. Unfortunately because of new developments of COVID those of us taking the class aren’t able to engage in the volunteering part which kinda means we don’t have class on tues (hmmm okay, heck yeah).

This new schedule has also come with new and different responsibilities and meetings in the afternoons. It’s lovely to have my afternoons free and to end my school day so early. After classes I usually grab lunch and run some errands around campus or take a nap and get officially ready for the day. And the rest of my day is usually spent in my dorm or downtown in portland. 


weekend :)

I don’t know if anyone feels the same way, but I feel as though the weekend went by quickly. I spent my time outside, in bed, downtown, and thinking. This weekend I thought a lot about the things coming up, applications due, assignments due, work responsibilities, self responsibilities, the list goes on and on, but I do know that the future excites and terrifies me at the same time. The one thing that constantly kept a smile on my face was the sun and the weather, like it was just absolutely gorgeous this weekend. I was and am currently in love and enamored with the sun and the weather just right for me at least. I know a couple of my oregon native friends felt some heat but being from AZ the sun felt blissful. This saturday IME had a group walk to Tryon national park and it was just the thing I needed. The walk, the breeze, the sun, the GREEN, the company, it was a fun memory and bonding experience for us. Sunday was a super off day for me and now it's the beginning of the week, what shall happen…


thanks for sticking around,

tchau 


our walk in tryon!