let's talk: valentines week & weekend

 hi, hello &  welcome back!! in today’s blog I’ll talk about my weekend a bit, managing school while being under the weather, roommate bonding time, and a bit about STUDYING ABROAD!


LET’S TALK: 

  • valentine’s week & weekend:

my week was honestly a lot, a lot of pain, anger, hurt, exhaustion. Unfortunately this week lined up with my time of the month, so heavy painful sucky cramps and headaches, to top off my weekend- I got sick. Haha right! I have no reason to believe it's covid quite yet but this week has definitely tested me and taken so much from and out of me. Other than that, my spanish professor brought our 9:10am class candy on tuesday/valentine’s day, she’s kind. My weight training class is kicking my butt high key but it’s one of my favorite new life challenges, and my education is the most eye opening in the perspective of the US edu system.


  • roommate bonding time:

so although it’s been quite a week for me, my body, and mind, my roommate and I did found/ made some time to spend together as we normally do… lol my roommate and I are so good at spending quality time together whether it be- eating together, grocery shopping, weekly walks, shower buddies, but movie nights are our fav/top tier. I think it was thursday, we took the PIO downtown and for the first time in our relationship spent intentional time off campus. We walked around and of course had to make a pit stop at Ding Tea & Phart Cart :). That was our date, the sun came and went and we laughed a ton! If you vibe with your roommate, I would recommend making time to spend together, have fun, continue getting to know each other and what not. I know it sounds cheesy but silence is less fun.


  • studying abroad: 

my good friend and I have applied for our overseas ecuador trip which will take place in the spring of 2023! There’s so much excitement for this trip! From the conversations I’ve had with the upper class folk, depending on the semester some people extend their travels to neighboring countries and spend some more time away. Another thing is, if & when freshmen are interested in studying abroad in general start your research early on. Begin poking around on the overseas webpage and you’ll find some interesting things/information. For all the procrastinators out there, some programs require a longer application process, so waiting last minute to complete the application may not be the smartest idea. I genuinely speak from experience, as I completed my application within 4 hours of it being due, and I have no idea how I completed the application but I did. Last thing, I would advise, a few of the components of the applications require two professor/academic references required and of course your faculty advisor needs to be informed of intentions/plans. 



my roommate created a time lapse of our eating encounter :)