Snow day!

 I am not from California like many people here are, but I am from one of the hottest cities in Europe, (shoutout to Mostar), and am used to dreadfully hot summers, and painfully boring rainy winters. I know two feelings caused by the weather: 'I want to rip my skin off, it is so hot' or 'I need to bathe in boiling water because I am freezing.' I enjoy sunny days, sure, and I can enjoy an occasional rainy day from my window (which I now have to do, thank you Portland!). But there is one sort of weather that has my heart.

SNOW!

And I did not expect snow here. 

My week has been hectic, to say the least, the entire past month has. From the travel to socializing and keeping up with school work and working on campus. It has been very rewarding connecting with others and working on myself lately, but I needed to relax and step down for a bit. 

Those moments sometimes find us before we decide to find them, because the other day I woke up at 7 am, ready to sleep an extra hours before getting ready for class when I saw my mom's text 'Is it snowing there?' I made the effort to glance at my window, AND SURE ENOUGH, IT WAS!

Instead of sleeping an extra hour, I curled up on my chair and peered through the window. No music, no texting, just me and the snow. The rest was immaculate. I was so happy as well! This is such a simple sentence that we take for granted, but sometimes I forget to be happy. And it isn't the fact that I am unhappy, I am just so caught up with trying to experience everything that I forget about how all my needs are satisfied, and I am doing all the things I want to be doing.

The snow was like a cherry on top of the amazing journey I have had at L&C since September and the dessert is not even done yet. I am just so lucky to be here and - to be happy. I have been struggling to find out what that means to me since I became a teenager, and somehow I made it, even if I can't explain quite how. Though the snow definitely contributed...