Week 2 Another Trip??

    

WEEK 2

    Hello everyone and welcome back to my second edition of semester two during the 2021-2022 campaign. If you don't know me I am Tyler and I am writing this blog about the things that happen during the course of my time as a student at Lewis and Clark. 

    Let's first start off with some positives. This week was even better than the last. With classes going fully in person, the bon open for sit in meals, and the weather starting to warm up, things are starting to look AMAZING. The vibe on campus is great and everyone seems to be excited to see friends and spend time with their amazing professors. I know I am looking forward to being able to meet during office hours with my professors in person instead of on zoom. Surprisingly enough, it has been way easier to stay focused and on top of my work in in-person classes and I am glad that the school is getting back on track. 

On top of all of that, this past weekend, my baseball team and I took another trip down to California to compete against Cal Tech in a 4 game series. We left campus on Friday at 4:00 AM!! We then hopped on our flight at around 6 and landed in sunny California at around 8. We then had some down time and then had our first game of the weekend. We won our game and then checked into our hotel, ate dinner, and then went to bed. The next day we had a double header and won both of our games! It was a hot day in California and when we got back to the hotel later in the day, we were all pretty exhausted. Then, on Sunday, we played our final game and won. After that we went sightseeing a bit around Los Angeles. We got to see the Hollywood sign from pretty close and then we spent the evening watching the superbowl at one of my teammate's house. 

But, then everything took a turn for the worse. Our flight out of California that night got cancelled and we had no idea how we were going to get back. Our coaches scrambled and eventually they found us flights the next day at 7 am and 7 pm. We then had to drive around an hour to check into a hotel for the night and then we had to wake up early to hop on our flight again. We landed, I went to my class later in the day, and then was exhausted for the rest of the day. 

Despite it being a pretty hectic weekend, the memories that I made were crazy and I will never forget them. One nice thing about going to a school like Lewis and Clark is that you have the ability to balance an education with events and activities just like my baseball trip. You become a well rounded person with great experiences while still getting a great education at a great school. 

Well, that's all for this week. I hope you enjoyed this installment of my weekly blogs and I hope you can come back again next week!! Have a great week y'all.