Week #3 What changes have happened?

 

Hello everyone and welcome back to week #3 of my blog. If you are new here my name is Tyler and in my blog I write about my life as a student-athlete at Lewis and Clark college. This week there were some big changes in my life as a student at Lewis and Clark.

First things first, I got a car! I finally can easily go anywhere I want such as the baseball field, Fred Meyer, downtown Portland, or any fast food chain I am craving at the moment!


Having a car is cool, but there are many other ways of getting around without a car. Lewis and Clark offers the Pio which is a bus that can take you to many places off campus such as Fred Meyer or even into Sellwood. They also have zipcars for students to rent if you would like to drive yourself somewhere. There are a ton of ways to get around wherever you need to go whenever you want to go. 

This week I also took my first midterm of the semester! Although it was hard, I felt well prepared going into the exam. I have two more midterms coming up this next week so I'll be hard at work to get ready for those! Schoolwork at Lewis and Clark can be difficult at times so there are a lot of opportunities for extra help or extra resources. There are lots of office hours that professors provide, a SQR Center for extra help, and you also have your network of friends and peers to help you out as well. 

After taking my midterm on Friday, my baseball team and I took a bus ride to Walla Walla, Washington to take on the Whitman College Blues over the course of the weekend. We played a three game series, and we won two out of the three games of the series. Our team is looking pretty good this year so if you are in town for a home game you should come out and watch! We then drove back to Portland and along the way we saw beautiful rivers and mountain ranges. Coming from Hawaii, it was cool to see how far the mountain ranges can stretch and how long the rivers are. 



The bus rides with my teammates are always fun as we always find something funny to do/talk about and they make the 5 hour bus rides go by in an instant.

This upcoming week, I am looking forward to another week of classes. It's looking like it is going to be a cold week and weekend so I will definitely have to prepare myself for that. We also have our first home game series this weekend against Linfield University so I am super stoked for that!!! Well, it was fun writing about my week and weekend once again and I hope you enjoyed it or learned something new about the school as well. Come back again next week for another installment of my blogs and until then I hope you have a great week! :)