Italy!

 Hi there! 

I am currently studying abroad in London under LC’s England: Fine Arts program, and I’m so excited to be able to share with all of you the wonderful adventures that I get up to while abroad. Check out some of my other blogs to learn more about the program, the logistics of going abroad, and life as a study abroad student!

This weekend, I booked a spontaneous weekend trip to Italy! A friend and I flew into Milan on Saturday evening and are flying out Monday morning. Quite literally less than 48 hours in Italy, but it's a place I've always wanted to visit and when I found cheap flights, I thought, why not?

This is the kind of flexibility I love about studying abroad in Europe. Even though the UK is no longer a part of the European Union, it's still so easy to get to other countries on the continent, especially with the American passport. 

We spent half of our time visiting Lake Como, a beautiful freshwater lake nestled in the Lugano Prealps of northwest Italy. It's one of the deepest lakes in Europe, and a truly incredible place to visit. 

After exploring the town of Varenna, which is right up against Lake Como, we returned to Milan to explore Italy's most visited city. Yes, Milan beats out other popular destinations such as Rome or Venice for most visited. I believe this is because it is a very easy place to get to and to launch your travels from. 

We visited the Duomo, the stunning gothic cathedral, wandered around the Break art district, sipped our aperitivo, or happy hour in Naviglio, and enjoyed lots of local food.

Of course, this trip wouldn't have been possible without the flexibility of my class schedule. I'm very lucky to only have classes three days a week, which allows me to take these kinds of adventures! 

The Duomo!