let's talk: about scheduling & organizing

 hi, hello and welcome back! In today’s blog I’ll share some helpful tips and resources on campus that help me schedule my time :)


LAST WEEK: international fair!

Before I talk about what the blog is supposed to be about, I wanted to quickly mention and share that last week we held our 57th International Fair! It was a wonderful presentation of the many cultures that inhabit LC, super vibrant and engaging. I think my favorite performances were from Latin America & Korea, the music was fun, and dancing was saucy. We also had a mini fair, where students came to represent their culture and country through snacks and activities that were tasty and interactive. In accordance with this years’ theme “Culture Shock” the BON (our dining service) catered certain dishes from certain regions of the world. Some regions include, Korea, sub Saharan Africa, China, Middle East, South East Asia and so much more. The liking of the dishes were very subjective to the consumers. I say this because for some the food was good and for others who were natives the food wasn’t top tier but “good”. So this is something definitely underrated because of lack of publicity, but for those who do come across the event- GOOO! 


TIPS & RESOURCES: 

  • Google calendar 

  • Notion

  • Physical Calendar

  • Adobe, PDF


These are probably going to be one's best friend in college/life/ planning. It is very important to do what’s best for you. The best thing about having so many options is getting to try them out and find which works best for you. 


Google calendar: my absolute all time favorite- now! I never really used google calendar in high school, but coming to college surely changed that. Of course, like new things, I was hesitant to try it out and dive into it. So I had a lazy relationship with my calendar and schedule. But after I realized I couldn’t keep going on being unorganized, I dove into google calendar towards the end of my first year. And it saved me, right now my calendar is probably my holy grail. Because As students we’re running around a lot, getting things together- academic & personal meetings, assignments, check lists, etc. 

So I genuinely put everything in my calendar: meetings with professors, classes come detailed with classroom numbers, assignments due, and adding ahead in my calendar upcoming exams, projects, events (symposiums) and even personal self care times. For me, including things into my schedule isn’t for the purpose of making me feel “busy” or “productive” it’s to keep track of things I’m doing and need to do, because at this point if it’s not in my calendar I’m going to assume I have free time and nothing due. 

Notion: I personally don’t use notion, it is something that has been recommended to me, but I just don’t vibe with it yet. I think using “notion” is lovely though! Being able to customize your itinerary, schedule, to-do list, notes- and more, sounds like fun. 

Physical calendar: I know I used to be obsessed with keeping a physical calendar all throughout high school and I thought it would be the same thing I used in college. Until I got to college, and realized I don’t want another thing to have to keep track of. BUT I know they work for some people- some people being my lovely roommate :) I understand they can make a person feel grounded and helps with memory retention when things are written down. 


Adobe, PDF: what I enjoy about Adobe is being able to not only download online readings- convert them to PDFs’- and access/edit/ & annotate my readings through this APP! I am currently extending my research to verify if ADOBE caters to college students with discounts. 

Here's the table representing Sub Sahara Africa looking cute and whatnot :)


-tchu