A Snow Day In mid-April, and other unlikely events...

 Actually, I have already written a blog about snow. But let's say the meaning of it was different, so I will write once again. 

I woke up, not quite ready to start the week if I'm totally honest. Lack of sleep possibly... And something extraordinary happened - the first measurable snow recorded in Portland in April since records began in 1940. When I tell you I love snow, I mean it, because after getting up at 7:30, with 5 hours of sleep, I stared at the snow for hours instead of going back to sleep. And I loved every moment of it. 



The whole time I was very shocked about the ordeal because I've never witnessed snow at this time of the year ever. 

And it got me thinking, what else would I not expect usually, but would make me happy? (if I am very honest, I did not think this. But I feel I could relate it)

The answer was somewhat obvious for everyone for a while beside me - I should drop the major I planned. Originally I came to college planning on doubling in psychology and computer science, and I've been not having fun in my computer science classes... Now I am not saying all your classes need to be fun, but I will say something has to click. Not something concrete, but you have to know you could see yourself doing something remotely similar without hating it. And I just spent the last year trying to convince myself I could do that in CS, but I can't.

And that realization came to me a bit unexpectedly, just like this snowfall, but it also clicked into place and left me in peace. 

It's okay if you change plans, rarely does anyone end up doing exactly what they set to do on the first day of college. You have time to change your mind, and there's no shame in that. It feels like I'm lost at times, but what 20 year old doesn't? 

We are all in this simulation together my friend <3 You're doing great!