Diversity of the Weekend

 I had an extremely busy weekend, and now that it is reaching its end - I'd love to share with you how it's been! Why? Well, simply because this is what I wished my life would be like, and I never thought it actually would become this busy and lively, in a good way (thank you L&C!).

Starting Friday after classes- I had a great dinner at a nearby Thai place in Lake Oswego with my Phonathon work crew. It was my first time having Thai, and oh myyyyy were the portions big, but great. Working consistently on campus leads not only to a paycheck but new friendships as well!


The same night, my friend (whom I also met at work) and I, went to Hawthorne theatre for an awesome 2010's party! This was everything I wanted at 12 years - Justin Bieber, One Direction, Katy Perry etc. So many girls with just as much energy screaming Taylor Swift in a venue is all I needed to make my year.

my 2010's Tumblr fit!

Continuing onto Saturday... It was a FULL day of shopping, given that payday was on the 31st, we deserved to treat ourselves, right? And man did I treat myself... But I feel good when I look good, and when I feel good I work well! Justified. My best advice: download apps for all the stores you go to, I got so many discounts oh my God... Philly cheesesteak's account got me 5$ off my lunch!



This prompted an early night (after I tidied up my room a bit and prepared my paper), and I got a full 8 hours of sleep... So good!

Finally - Sunday! I slept in and chilled, but got in touch for a 2-hour Zoom with a friend from home to organize our 2-week summer backpacking trip through Europe (life is a dream sometimes).


In the afternoon I had the pleasure of GOING TO A COSTCO! Don't mind my non-Americanness, I get excited by the stupidest stuff... My next bucket list item is Walmart. We were buying supplies in order to make food bags for the homeless on Thursday on campus with the CRS club. We bought items to feed 200 people. I had no idea what that much food looked like. But it is a lot. Costco was incredible though, so big ah.


After coming back to campus, I chilled and caught up with my closest college friend, who in the midst of the busyness I barely saw in the last two days. We ordered McDonalds (sorry mom, this is so American of me), and watched the new season of Bridgerton.


Now, I am writing my paper, my blog, my final touches of the week... And I am so excited and grateful for how many types of things I did. I explored the city, I did some shopping, I tried a restaurant, I connected with work colleagues, I studied, I volunteered, I bonded with friends here and back home... Spring in L&C is the dream.