Festival of Scholars and Artists + Luau

 Hi everyone! 

I hope y'all had great weeks :) Mine was a bit stressful- but that's how every week is going to be until the end of the semester. It all comes down to managing it through, and this will be my sixth finals season, so I know I'll survive. Something that helps me is making a plan of when everything's due and then dividing up the work based on what's due first. Pretty basic strategy- but it works! Also, make time for some fun activities. This week's destressing activity was watching Les Miserables with my friends and crying. I definitely recommend it.

For this week's post, I want to talk about a couple of really cool yearly events that LC puts on in the spring. The first is the Festival of Scholars and Artists! FOSA is a really cool event that happens every spring. It's an opportunity for students to present work. A lot of seniors will present on their thesis or their work from their 400-level classes, but sometimes other years will get invited to present too. It's such a great way to check out what your peers have been working on and check out different majors. This was my first FOSA that wasn't online due to COVID. I attended a few events but my favorite was a bio event on spiders. There were even some live spiders to check out, which was super cool.

The other event is the Luau! LC's Hawaii club puts it on every year. It's a really fun night of student performances including hula and haka, and there's always great food to enjoy too. It's an easy and super fun way to support classmates and friends, and just another perk of attending LC. 

Talk to y'all next week! 

xoxo

Ashleen

PS. If y'all haven't heard FKA Twig's new song with Yung Lean you should check it out ;)