getting involved with your future

Hey hi, Pios!

 

It’s been another CRAZY busy week for me (and I’m sure all of you, too) as the semester winds down to its last few weeks. It seems like every class is scheduling exams and projects for the same day, every extracurricular is planning events for the same weekends, and everything is matching up in exactly the wrong ways. Personally, this is frustrating because I want to still be involved in all of these extracurriculars in the ways I was pre-right-now. I’m a stubborn lad, though, and I think I’m too stubborn with myself to not do what I really want to do.

 

Aaaaaanyways, amidst this busy week, I’ve been involved with something that strikingly and surprisingly relates to my future, which is super exciting! I’m taking part as a volunteer for graduate study. Some graduate psychology students studying to be family therapists needed people to roleplay patients so they could get familiar with how to work with a client, and that’s where I come in! It’s been extremely helpful for me so far to see what goes on in the backrooms of therapy and how they decide which techniques to apply to different clients. It makes me excited about what I’ll be able to do when I start going to school for the same thing!

 

It was really easy to get involved with it as well, which I find is pretty consistent among things at LC. Most of the time you just see a poster about something you’re interested in somewhere, scan the QR code or email the person on the poster, and then BOOM you’ve got yourself a slot. I really appreciate that LC has so many opportunities for different kinds of engagement with its many communities, and I’m really happy that I’ve gotten to take part in this! So, I guess my advice is that if you see something you’re interested in on a poster here, sign up! They’re always happy to have people, and you might get a cool experience out of it.

 

Alright alright, I’ll move on to For the Love of Soup now. Y’all can settle down. 

 

This week’s soup is the Bon’s cheesy broccoli soup. I, for one, was ecstatic to see this on the menu because I’ve been waiting to review a broc-cheese soup for AGES! After the initial excitement, of course, came the ever-present skepticism. Sure, it’s on the website, but will it really be at the Bon? I couldn’t let myself get too worked up only to be let down once I approached the fabled kettles. But! Rest assured, this story has a happy ending. The Bon had the soup after all, and I ladled myself a big ol’ helping for lunch. Combined with a toasted bagel and cream cheese? Oh yeah. OH yeah. Delectable.

 

It had a smooth consistency, the right balance between broccoli and cheese, and blended well with other flavors as well. The Bon truly outdid themselves with this one. Really great work.


Soup Review: 4.5/5 stars (still saving that 5-star review for a soup that just rocks my entire universe, just in case)

Here, have a cursed Bon photo for your time. Don't worry, this one's on me :)

Have a great week, and I’ll see y’all in the next :)

 

-Mack

(they/them)

 

email: mwille@lclark.edu

insta: @mack_mae11