Life Update!

 Hello there! Welcome back to another installment of my blogs. Sorry, I was absent for a little I got really busy with baseball, school, and just life in general but I am back now. I am really hoping to reach out to more people about my experience here at Lewis and Clark so from now on I will be doing my best to start doing bi-weekly blogs for y'all just so I can get more information out every week. 

This week so far was a bizarre one. I have a couple of tests coming up, projects to finish, and papers to write. As we are more than halfway done with the semester now is the time to lock in and start to focus on getting stuff done and studying hard. Many people around school seemed to be pretty stressed and busy right now and one piece of advice I have for you readers is to make sure to take care of your body and your mind during stressful periods of time. Go exercise, read a book, or just do something you enjoy for a bit every day so you have time to destress and let the mind and body relax. Me, I like to do some stretching or weightlifting when I am stressed because I find it helps my body relax and it takes my mind off of the worries of studying. Today, I went on a 30-minute walk to help clear my mind and get myself in the right headspace heading into the next week.

This week is going to be a pretty hectic one as we are scheduled to have a Tuesday doubleheader up in Puget Sound so we would have to leave campus at around 6 or 7 in the morning and we would get back to campus at around 9 or 10 at night. Wish us luck as this is a big series for us to get into the playoffs! Something nice about D3 athletics and Lewis and Clark is that academics always come first. My coach makes sure we have time to study while we are on the road and my professors always make sure I am caught up with stuff that I miss when I am on the road. It really is helpful to have professors that care about you when you get swamped with tons of games and practices during the season. It also helps to have 30 other guys on the team that are always there for you and are willing to help you out with whatever you need.

Life, in general, is starting to get a little crazy for me and if it is for you then just remember that things always get better and every struggle you go through makes the end result of the success that much better. Thanks for coming back to read another one of my blogs and I will try my best to come out with more blogs so you can get a greater feel for what it's like being a student at Lewis and Clark College! In the meantime, take care and stay awesome possum!