not enough hours in the day

Hey hi, Pios (hopefully some future Pios are reading this too?)

I’m tired! So tired! Maybe even… extremely tired!

 

As the semester/year winds down, I find myself caught in the middle of “I’m so excited to experience the culmination of all of these exciting projects I’m in!” and “All of these projects are taking up 100% of my time and I just want a minute to crochet and watch a silly little show about pirates!”

 

That being said, this week held so many new experiences for me!

 

FoSA, the Festival of Scholars and Artists, was phenomenal! It’s a yearly event during which students present on various panels/poster sessions about countless topics. Artists of all shapes, sizes, and sorts presented visual as well as performance art. It was also the opening of the senior art exhibit “Don’t Blink.” Tons of art, information, food trucks, and entertainment = a real recipe for a good day! There were so many cool events and things to see that I couldn’t have seen them all if I tried. That being said, I’m even more excited to attend/participate next year!

 

On top of FoSA this week, rehearsals have been gaining momentum as the thesis festival approaches. I will be personally performing in my very good friend’s thesis, and I’m so freakin’ pumped for everyone to see it. We’ve been working since January and it’s absolutely crazy. If you haven’t already, you should 110% get tickets. OK okay I’ll move on. 

 

On top of FoSA was the Suntan/Sunburn + Art Fair! I unfortunately did not get to attend the Suntan/Sunburn concerts, but I did get to attend the art fair! I bought some lovely earrings and perused the prints/art/photography/clothing/other creations from all of the artists, and guys…they were AMAZING.

 

Here’s a photo of my dear friend and I with my fabulous new earrings:

This week’s post is a short one. Very busy, but very happy to have had so many opportunities for intellectual and creative exploration this week. To round off the week, For the Love of Soup

 

This week’s soup is the Bon’s creamy chicken and broccoli soup. I’ll level with you, Pios, I went to the Bon that day not looking forward to any of the options. This soup sounded edible, so it was what I went for. BUT, I was quite pleasantly surprised. I paired it with a bagel and cream cheese, so I had something to eat it with. But the soup itself was pretty good! The texture was creamy but not too thick, the broccoli was cooked well, and the chicken wasn’t too suspicious. Overall, a good lunch.

 

Soup Review: 3.8/5 stars

 

Have a wonderful week Pios, and see you in the next :)

-Mack

(they/them)

 

email: mwille@lclark.edu

insta: @mack_mae11