the calm before the storm

Welp, it’s ramping up now, isn’t it Pios? 

 

Just two more weeks left before finals and then just like that, the year is over. It feels crazy to me. This year has both felt insanely long and insanely short. On one hand, I can’t believe it’s already spring. Once again time to return home, to work a summer job, etc etc etc… On the other hand, even last semester feels like forever ago. Regardless, I’m honest when I say this has been the best year of my life so far, and I’m extremely grateful and fortunate to be able to say so. I have never felt more freely myself, more accepted by those around me, though I met them all only months ago. At the same time, I feel like I’m merely at the beginning of myself. I feel hopeful as I look forward to everything life has to offer me. The majority of these optimistic feelings can likely be attributed to all of the friends I have made here. It definitely feels less good knowing I’ll have to make my way through the summer without them and the safety I feel here and with them. 

 

ANYWAYS, enough of that sappiness. The senior thesis festival is also almost upon us now (and you should all go get your tickets if you haven’t already!) Rehearsals have been picking up, along with the homework, exams, and projects to prepare for. It all feels so hectic, yet somehow I haven’t broken down yet. I suppose that means that I’m doing something right here. I guess I’d like to hope so, anyways. 

 

That’s it for this week, Pios. Short, I know. You have my condolences. I hope your week is filled with cleansing rain, some much needed rest, and most importantly, a bit of sunshine.

 

A pic from the Cavetown concert on 4/15! Another bit of sunshine in my busy week :)

-Mack

(they/them)

 

email: mwille@lclark.edu

insta: @mack_mae11