thesis festival

Hey hi, Pios. I hope you’re all doing well as finals rapidly approach, mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I know this is a time of great stress for many reasons. Whether this stress means test anxiety or worries about returning home for the summer (or any other reason) for you, please know that you are valid in that and to remember to take extra care of yourself during this time. You deserve to take a break for whatever reason happens to be the case! Let’s avoid as many negative emotions as possible for these last remaining weeks, shall we?

 

Anyways, this past week was the theatre thesis festival! I was personally involved in my good friend’s thesis, which he wrote and I got to star in! Fortunately, I also got to watch the rest of the theses in support of my friends, and they were PHENOMENAL. Seven productions, all so different and all so stunning. I cannot physically express how beautiful and creative each one was. The amount of work that went into them all is also just… breathtaking. I really hope as many of you got the chance to see them as possible. Although I’m a first year student, it makes me incredibly excited to work on my own thesis. I feel excited to work with all of the resources that the department has to offer me, both now and in the future, and just the prospect of seeing an original work produced in front of my own eyes is simply unreal. Throughout this entire process, and let’s be honest, the entire year, the department has shown me an ungodly amount of love and support, and I feel so grateful to have been a part of something so beautiful. If you’re not already involved in the department, this is my 11/10 recommendation to do so ASAP! You don’t even have to be a major! There is a place for you :)


Here's me and my beautiful cast on closing night! <3

Okay, okay, I don’t want to sound culty. As a chronic theatre person, I’m more than aware of how our advertisements to join can look… :)

That’s all for this week, Pios. I hope you find the support and resources you need during these next couple of weeks. You’re going to do great, I can just feel it!

 

-Mack

(they/them)

 

email: mwille@lclark.edu

insta: @mack_mae11