let's talk: poetry of color

 hi, hello & welcome! 


this week was a fun but slightly overwhelming one. Sometimes I forget how involved I am, how many commitments I actually have outside of classes. In the sense that when we spend most of our waking time running around from classes, to study sessions, to practices and beyond. 

It’s come to my attention that time is blending together, like I know there are events and assignments that need my energy, but I forget what day it is.

*not to worry, things are being worked on lol


But I’ll attach a snapshot of my schedule. This week was a fun and emotional week.

I attended and participated in one of the best events LC students put on themselves. Our First Annual Poetry of Color (POC) speak up. We hosted in the COOP, bringing students together in an informal space allowing students to engage with the speakers more intimately. 


Here’s a piece from my monologue which I am so pleased with :) Not to get too deep into it, my monologue talks a bit about the feeling of love fading within the self.


“But then, just sometimes I wonder how I’ve come to forget the endless forms love takes and

creates.

Like the intimacy and warmth from holding hands or a hug

Like sitting in the grass on a sunny day,

Like calling my mom to hear her voice

The love I know is challenging but,

"once we begin to feel deeply all the aspects of our lives, we begin to demand from ourselves and from our life-pursuits that they feel in accordance with that joy which we know ourselves to be capable of"- audre lorde”

beautiful flowers outside odell