It's been a while

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the delay on posting. I have been extremely busy with school work and many people, including myself, have been catching colds these last couple of weeks so I haven't found the time to post a blog. However, it is finally the weekend and so I finally have some time!

This last week has been crazy. I work for Student Transitions and Experience office and their big program Beyond NSO (New Student Orientation) is coming to a close so I have been working a lot with some other students trying to find some prizes for the auction next week. Beyond NSO is this great program where new Freshman and Transfer students are able to go to different events such as E&D lectures, sports games, movies, and workshops where they can earn Pio Points. These Pio Points they can use at the end of Beyond NSO (next Friday!) to bid on many different items. There will be an iPad, iPod, TV, and gift cards to many different local businesses. Last year, when I was a freshman, I won a $25 gift card to a restaurant close by called Banning's. It was wonderful because I went with some friends and was able to go to a restaurant that I probably wouldn't have known about otherwise and I ate delicious food for free.

I was anticipating this crazy week last weekend, so on Sunday I went to downtown Portland with some friends and spent the whole day studying at Powells. Powells is a wonderful place to study. Not only does it have rooms upon rooms of amazing books to look at and read, but it also has a cozy café with many tables to lay your work out upon. I always end up getting a lot of work done when I am down there, and I also always seem to meet very interesting people. Last weekend, I met this man who has been studying flowers and making flowers out of nothing but paper for the last 7 years. I talked with him for a while and watched him make flowers next to us for about 5 hours. At the end, as he was packing up to leave, he handed the flowers to me and a friend as a gift. It was incredibly kind of him, and now my apartment mates and I have the flowers in our living room - and we will never have to throw them away because they will not wilt!

Here is a picture of the flowers he made:
and a link to his website www.worldpaperflowers.com


As always feel free to contact me at drussosavage@lclark.edu if you have any questions or would like to talk! 

-Delia