Jamming with our ukuleles

I had my first performance with the ukulele orchestra on Friday night! I'm pretty sure that was one of the most fun nights I've had here so far.

We were performing for an event hosted by the Divest Coal campaign. The goal was to show the student body that the campaign is still going on- they got a bunch of petitions signed at the beginning of the year, but not many people were aware that they are still working on the campaign. The uke orch kicked off the event, and it was really fun. The audience seemed to be really into it!
I was dressed as a miner
After us, there was an a capella group (Section Line Drive) and three student bands (Katie Kuffel Experience, Cymatic Circle, and Hop on Hold Tight!). I'm impressed by all of the talent these students have! 

Most people here seem to have something that they really care about, which is amazing to see. For a lot of people, it's more than one thing. Music, social service, science, theater. Sunday, I went to see the theater department's production of 4:48 Psychosis, which is a complicated and extremely touching piece about mental illness. It was really, really well done.

And people manage to balance all of these activities with challenging school work. I kind of feel like I'm juggling everything while riding a unicycle. I had twelve hours of homework this weekend! Things can definitely get really busy, but it just makes it that much more fulfilling when you manage it all.

Please email me at rekidder@lclark.edu with any questions about extracurriculars, managing schoolwork, or sloths (or anything else).