Weekend with the family and Spring Fling!

What a busy weekend -- in the best sort of way! I managed to hit nearly all the best places in downtown Portland in just 48 hours. Even better, I got to take my family with me! Since it’s my brother’s spring break right now, they drove up from California to see me. Together, we went to Voodoo Doughnut, Powell’s Books, the Saturday Market, the food carts, and my favorite Japanese restaurant, Shigezo. To top it off, Spring Fling (an annual dance similar to Fall Ball) was this weekend and so my friends and I got to go to the Crystal Ballroom and dance it up for a couple hours. I’m going to let the photos speak for themselves on this one.

Sully (my roommate!) tagged along for our dinner at Shigezo! From left to right: Sully, me, my mom Diana, and my not-so-little brother Jon.


My dad Scott, me, and Jon sitting at the Saturday Market by the waterfront. I'm enjoying a blueberry bubble tea and a pork dumpling.


Decided to have a throwback to the old days and have an Easter Egg hunt in my family's hotel room!



Julie, Sully, me, Sarah, Belen, and Sam getting ready to go to Spring Fling.


Grace, Sully, me, and Sarah! We love to make full use of the photo booth at these dances. I can't tell you how many pictures we took with all the various props.


The roommates.



Unfortunately, having such an adventurous weekend means I have put off the not-so-fun business until now. I got a little bit done in the library on Sunday once my family left to go back home, but I still have a bit of catching up to do. I need to do some reading and prepare another presentation for Exploration and Discovery -- we've moved on to Ancient Rome now -- and make some headway on my Ancient Greece paper about Athenian women for history class. Then I need to read some more in The Unbearable Lightness of Being for English, and do my Logic homework. I also have to figure out what classes to take next semester because I'm not entirely satisfied with my schedule. Everything sounds equally interesting, so I just can't decide what to take!

Have a wonderful week! If you have questions, don't hesitate to email me at jessicakostka@lclark.edu.

Jess