Fulbright and Some Australians


Hey all!
      I have been incredibly busy, so sorry for the late post. It seems like I am doing just as much work unrelated to my classes as I am doing related to my classes. I am happy to say that I finished my Fulbright application last week, during our fall break. YAYAYAY! It took a long, long time, but it's all done now. Do you all know what Fulbright is?
 
 For those of you interested in foreign language, international affairs, or promoting cultural understanding in general, this is a huge opportunity. I have been teaching English to immigrants and refugees for a few years in SE Portland, and it has completely influenced how I want to use my foreign language skills. Teaching them has inspired me to apply for the Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship in Colombia. There are a myriad of programs offered in hundreds of different countries to travel to through Fulbright. It is extremely competitive, but LC has a good track record of Fulbright scholars, so it is definitely worth a try. Last year twelve LC students and alumni were recipients. It seems like LC's ideals line up with Fulbright's, so keep that in mind during the college application process. I have included a link at the bottom of the page if you're interested.

Besides applications, thesis prep, and all the academics happening at my house, my lovely housemate Katherine Jernigan had three Australian friends visit. She met them during the LC Australia program. They stayed forever (just two weeks), and they were so much fun! Here is a picture of them exploring LC:

I hope you're all well and not stressing too much about college applications.

Here's the link for Fulbright: What is Fulbright?