A Quick Blurb...

I'm sorry, but this is going to be a very short update. We’re at the part of the semester when things are just really, really, busy. I had a lull in my workload for a week or two, and then BOOM. It’s time to get down to business. I’m also feeling like I might be coming down with something on top of my workload, so there’s that. It's just that time of year, I guess. I think we're all ready for Thanksgiving Break next week.


On the other hand, I had a totally awesome weekend! Getting to go out with friends really relieved some of the end-of-semester stress.


Saturday night was Fall Ball. Originally, I wasn't going to go, but I made a last-minute decision and I' so glad I did! I LOVE dancing. 


Before Frankenstein.

My roommate and I took the Pioneer Express, which is the LC bus, and went downtown Sunday night to see a screening of the play Frankenstein, starring Benedict Cumberbatch as the Creature. It was probably one of the highlights of the semester so far. It was so true to the book, and so beautifully and artistically done. Plus, Benedict Cumberbatch is one of my favorite actors.


After Frankenstein.

We were emotional wrecks and passionately shouting about all the allusions to Paradise Lost on the way back to LC (she's an English major too).


Also, I found Ramune at Fred Meyer?? Whaaaa..? It's a Japanese drink also known as marble soda. (and you can see the previous years Fall Ball and Spring Fling pictures in the background, haha)

The rest of my weekend was spent studying, as per usual. Anyway, I need to stop writing and go take a nap or something. Hope you are all doing well in your search for the "right" school! I use quotes because no school is perfect and there is probably no "right" answer, but I hope my blog gives you at least a little bit of help in what it's like to be a student at LC.

If you have questions, feel free to email them to me at jessicakostka@lclark.edu.

Jess