Days of the Week

Hi friends!

This weeks been really good and didn’t actually go too slowly. I had my last set of midterms last week so this week it’s been a pretty standard week. I’ve been able to just focusing on classes, extracurriculars and work - it’s been a typical college student life.

Monday nights I go to the Pugilism Club. I think I mentioned it in one of my earlier posts, but it’s a club where we learn all sorts of really cool self defense and fighting skills. Depending on who comes we learn different things ranging from boxing, kick boxing, Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu or Taekwondo. I had always wanted to learn how to box and learning martial arts is really interesting. This semester it’s been a bit different since two of the three original leaders are abroad, but we’ve been able to bring in some other people. For instance, this past Monday we had James Gamet. He’s an undefeated and world renowned fighter and trainer. We learned a boxing combo and then how to do a jiu jitsu joint hold.

Muay Thai kicking with Jay (some of you will recognize him! He was a blogger last year)


Tuesday nights I go to Hip Hop Club - both the beginners group and the performance group. In the beginners group we just finished learning a dance to “Closer” by the Chainsmokers and started a new dance to Rihanna’s “Right Now”. It’s a really great group of people, choreographed by two current LC students. For the beginner’s group there is no previous required knowledge of any dance, it’s just a fun, safe, and unjudged place to learn how to dance and feel confident.  The performance group is working on a dance we’re all working together to choreograph and hoping to perform at the end of the year with the accapella groups. (Not yet confirmed, but that’s the hope :) )  

Wednesdays are normally Dance X, but we got the week off and I went downtown to do some homework. My friend met me downtown and we went out for Ichiban sushi :D Ichiban is a super cute hole in the wall sushi place that is very inexpensive but still really great quality. (It’s on the corner of Burnside and 6th).

The rest of the week was normal classes and everything, chem lab on Thursday and bio lan on Friday. In Chem lab we’re finishing up understanding what makes a nucleophile worst or better for completing an SN1 or an SN2 reaction. (I still don’t understand >.< but a great thing about LC is I get help at the SQRC every week and I have a SAAB (Student Academic Affairs Board) tutor that will help me one on one. Bio lab we moved on to hexapods and dissected an Orthoptera (a freaking ginormous grasshopper) and we’ve begun our independent projects.

Last night was FALL BALL! :) I normally don’t go to these types of things but I had a really fun time last night. I worked a volunteer for a shift and actually got to go for free too. It was my first time being in the Crystal Ballroom. There were two floors, the first one was Lola’s room which had a photo booth and food and just a bunch of places to hang out and sit if the music was too loud. Upstairs is just a giant dance floor, we had LC student DJs the whole night. I just danced all night and has a blast :)

Fall Ball!

This is getting really long so sorry folks! If you read it all thanks :)
If you have any questions feel free to email me at ksaylor@lclark.edu
Cheers and happy Sunday folks!