Kicking Off Jr. Year!

Hi friends!

I'm backkk O.O dang, it feels like the summer just flew by and somehow I'm back and somehow I'm a junior???

For those of you new to Real Life, hi :) my name is Kate, I'm now a junior, majoring in Biology with a potential BCMB (biochem molec bio) major. I was born in China, but grew up in Boston MA/Boulder CO. Around campus I'm heavily involved in the dance program (Dance X and Y), pugilism (boxing club) and work with College Outdoors, the bookstore, I also work on the grad campus in the CPSY (counseling and psychology) office, the admissions office through this blog, and just this semester I got a job with Maggie's, our on campus coffee shop. I'm also taking molecular biology with the molec lab, disease ecology, Chinese, and cross cultural psychology. I'm also going abroad to Australia in January for the spring semester with my adviser and professor Greta Binford for the Biology program.

Hi all :) 

It's day 5, first Monday of the semester and I'm already swamped! I've taken up 15 hours of work, 19 credits, 6 hours of dance and I've also been trying to train for a marathon. So, yeah, yikes. I'll be doing my best to keep you all updated with my life here on Real Life, and at some point in the semester I'll do a few snapchat takeovers @lcpioneers.



Pugilism Club!!!

Dance X 2016

Running with my friend in Tryon National Park

I've been pretty busy getting back into classes and work. This summer I worked in Colorado outside of Boulder at a ranch camp teaching gymnastics and horse back riding :D I had an incredible time and getting back into a routine of sitting in classes and in the library is a bit rough, but it's been great to see friends again.

This past Saturday was Dance X 2017 auditions and I was cast into Kelleen's piece. Dance X is all student choreographed and mostly student produced. It's such a fun and amazing production we put on in December, and the work and talent is truly incredible. 

Anyways, I shall keep you all updated with dance and my life. I had a few perspective students reach out to me in the past, and I really love hearing from you guys! So, if you have any questions about student life, any of the activities I'm involved in or just want to say "hi" you can always reach me at:

ksaylor@lclark.edu

I'm sure you're all back to school, so have a wonderful school year! Don't stress too much about college, I promise everything will work it's way out (cheesy I know) but Happy Back To School!

Kate