International Fair!

Hey everyone! How are you? How's it going?

This past week can be summarized by the following:


via GIPHY



via GIPHY


It has felt like I've been studying back to back to back to back and every day I am studying for another test! Well, I think after this week of two more tests, I will finally be able to get a little bit of a lighter study week. On top of that, this week, well more like the past 3 days, have been SUUUUUUUUUUUUPER busy because of preparations for the International Fair that was on Saturday!

International Fair is a celebration of diversity and multicultural identities! On Saturday, the fair consisted of food from multiple regions that students prepared along with a fashion show and performances choreographed by students! I volunteered with Southeast Asia and we made pork and veggie eggrolls, chicken satay, and mango sticky rice! It was soooooo stressful trying to make sure that we got everything done by Saturday like rolling about 300-400 eggrolls buuut we got it done and I guess you could say that our food was a hit!

Anyways, today is a beautiful day and it sucks that I have to spend it inside because my back is in pain from standing so much the past couple of days. I also gotta get on with studying for my biology test that is tomorrow. I'm not feeling super confident about it buuuuut I'm gonna give it my best!

If you have any questions or just want to talk, you can reach me at:

jessicadoan@lclark.edu

Here's the quote of the week:

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work." - Colin Powell

♥ Jessica