Midwest to West Coast


HELLO EVERYONE

I am super excited to be here blogging and getting the opportunity to share parts of school and my life with you all!

My name is Sarah Lind-MacMillan and I am a first-year student here at L&C. Right now I am considering a double major in International Relations and History with a minor in Chinese. I am from the awesome city of Minneapolis in the state of Minnesota. Since I have been out in the West Coast I have realized how much I love my home state. Oregon is super great but there will always be that connection to home in Minnesota ya know? I think a lot of people have a deeper connection to their home state once they move away from it.

Triangle Trapeze 2017
(I am the one in the middle)
A fun fact about me is that for 12 years I was in the circus - not a circus with tigers or bears, but a real youth circus where I learned to walk on the highwire, do aerial acts and perform in front of sold-out crowds. Some other fun things about me
Highwire - 2017 (I am on the right)
are that I love ramen. I have tried all sorts of ramen in the Twin Cities and am looking forward to exploring the ramen and general food scene of Portland. Get ready for a fun Portland ramen review blog in the future. I also really enjoy being outdoors, rock climbing, backpacking, working out, reading for fun, hanging out with animals, and napping. This past summer I got more into bouldering at a local gym in Minneapolis. Since coming to Portland, some friends and I have checked out The Circuit bouldering gym. Definitely will be going again and it's not too far from campus.

Currently, I have been in Oregon for about 6 weeks which is so wild. The time has just flown by so quickly and I already have my first midterm in a few days. These past weeks have been filled with orientation activities, classes, clubs, and getting to know fellow students. On campus, I have become involved in College Outdoors which is this awesome organization that gives students opportunities to go on outdoor trips and lead trips too. I joined the rowing (or crew) team; it is super neat to have a community and get out on the Willamette River every afternoon for practice. I am continuing my passion for Model United Nations by joining the club here at L&C - we are going to Seattle in November for the big MUN conference. Besides blogging, I am also working with the admissions department as a lunch host so if you come to visit campus you can sign up to eat lunch with a current student and maybe it will be me who hosts you!

For the 2018 fall semester, I am taking 4 courses (4 credits each): Exploration & Discovery, Chinese 201, Intro to International Relations, Colonial Latin American History.


2018 Fall Semester Schedule


Feel free to contact me with any questions at:
slind-macmillan@lclark.edu

Have an awesome day,

Sarah