Parents Weekend

Hello everyone!

This week has come and gone in a whirl. I’ve been busy trying to organize myself for the next few weeks as I have a paper due and midterm in three weeks. I want to get my paper done early so I can focus on studying for the midterm the week of the test. 

This weekend was homecoming and Parents Weekend. My family was able to come out this year for Parents Weekend so I’ve spent the entire weekend hanging out with them.
My family arrived on Thursday afternoon and I met up with them after classes and work. We had pho which is one of my favorite things. On Friday, we headed out and spent the whole day exploring the coast. We found this cool beach with tide pools and found a starfish. We ended the night with some Thai food, another of my favorite types of food. On Saturday, my brother competed in a USAC youth climbing comp at the Portland Rock Gym. My parents and I ate breakfast at this restaurant in Oregon City - the vegetarian scramble was so good! Later on we went to Mt. Hood and Trillium Lake. On Sunday  we started the morning with crepes from a place in Sellwood and then went and explored the shops in Hawthorne. For lunch we stopped at a Hawaiian restaurant. We spent the afternoon exploring Sauvie Island and the pumpkin patch. We had ramen for dinner and then said our goodbyes. 

I am really grateful that my family was able to spend 4 days in Portland with me. It was super fun to see them and show them around. I am looking forward to going home to Minnesota over Thanksgiving break because I’ll get to be in my own home, see my friends, family, and my dog!

Have a wonderful day,

Sarah