Another Semester

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Sunday!

We're back with another spring semester in session and oh boy, let me tell you what exactly is going on!

This semester, I'm taking all Chemistry related courses!! I'm taking:
Advanced Inorganic Chemistry Lecture
Thermo/Kinetic Chemistry
Physical Chemistry Lab
In the mix, I'm also taking badminton with all of my friends! Someone in the group wanted to do it so all of us did it also and asked others to join. So yea, my monday and wednesday mornings are full of playing badminton with my friends LOL

Other than the first week going pretty smoothly, this weekend was also Lunar New Year! If you don't know what Lunar New Years is, it is celebrated by the countries that follow the lunar (moon) calendar! My family is from Vietnam so I've always called it Vietnamese New Year growing up. This year, I decided to celebrate it by going to a temple to pray and eat some yummy vegetarian food since I can't eat meat that day. To go with the New Year, I wore my traditional Vietnamese dress called an ao dai to the temple and on Friday to class! Here's a picture of my dress:


Shoutout to my friend, Allie, for coming with me to the temple! To say Happy New Year in Vietnamese it is:
Chúc mừng năm mới!
I love my Vietnamese side and am proud to be a Vietnamese American! It's hard to find ways to find ways to connect with my culture but every single New Years, I remember just how amazing it is that I am part of such a rich, vibrant culture!

That's all I have for today! Have an amazing week everyone and I hope y'all have a healthy and rich new year!

If you have any questions or just wanna chat send me an email:

jessicadoan@lclark.edu

See y'all later!

- Jessica