Housing on Campus

 During my time at Lewis & Clark, I have lived in 4 different residence halls. Those being Akin, Stewart, Copeland, and Holmes. Akin is part of the Multicultural Engagement living-learning community. The living-learning communities are intended to foster community and connection throughout your hall. When I was in Akin there were a lot of international students and students of color who lived in that hall with me. Akin is mostly doubles but it has a few singles as well. The nice thing about SOA (Stewart, Odell, and Akin) is that the rooms are pretty big and have walk-in closets. Also, if you live in one of these halls in SOA you have access to the other two with your swipe card.

After my first semester, I moved halls where I moved into Stewart. Stewart has 24/7 quiet hours and a gym space in the basement. Stewart is part of the Holitic Wellness LLC. One of the things I like about steward was that it has single-gender bathrooms unlike many that have coed bathrooms. Stewart is also very clean and like all of Soa centered right next to Templeton student center so it is easy to get to the Bon as well as to the academic campus. 

Copeland is where a lot of the freshman population and athletes stay on campus, I moved to Copeland my Sophomore year and it was the first semester I had a single. The single was very small, but I was happy to just have my own space. Now I live in Holmes, Holmes hall is for upperclassmen and is one of the newer buildings. I have a single now, it is bigger than the one in Copeland and the heat works better than in any of the rooms I have lived in. 

I have had many different rooms during my time at Lewis & Clark, in fact it is the first semester that I am in the same room as I was last semester. I think that one of the most important things about making a dorm room comfortable is organization, especially in times of COVID when we spend so much time in our own spaces. I have made certain days reserved for laundry and vacuuming and try to clean my room daily so that it feels like a productive space when I join my classes online. It is easier to get things done when my desk is clear of clutter and my room is well-lit. I like to always have a calendar that has a side for notes so I can schedule out my day as well as just note important things on my calendar.

    Basically, all of the halls have different rooming options and can be accommodating to any type of lifestyle.