flying by

Hey hi Pios!

 

I don’t know if it’s just me, but it seems like this past week just FLEW by. In that same vein, it seems like this entire semester is just flying by. Like… we’re only a few weeks away from Spring Break? We just finished what, the sixth week of classes? Like…WHAT??? This semester is SOARING!

 

Then again, another semester means another Once Upon A Weekend

 

For those of you unaware, Once Upon A Weekend is a fun, single-weekend event hosted by Lewis & Clark’s very own theatre department. On Friday night, you spend an hour and a half “auditioning,” and by “audition,” I mean you spend an evening playing improv games with 40 other people. After that, the lovely board of directors casts every single person who auditioned in one of the selected plays, albeit a big or small role. Oh - each Once Upon has a theme, and this semester’s is “See You In Hell.” Anyways, the directors send out the cast lists the same night, each group gets 2 hours on the next day (Saturday) to rehearse their entire play, actors do their best to memorize as much as they can, and then everyone performs on Saturday night. It’s rip-roaring fun, I’d say. 

 

I was in a wonderful (and ridiculous) play called Dante’s Inferno, in which I played Dante. It was a hilarious amount of fun, as Once Upon always is, and once again I am more than delighted that I participated. I mean, it’s just one weekend. Why NOT do it?

 

It was a pretty uneventful week, so I’ll move swiftly on to For the Love of Soup!

This week’s soup is the Bon’s creamy polenta soup. Alright, so I really enjoyed this soup, but it’s possible that I’m biased. Polenta is one of my all-time favorite foods because my grandma made it for us on special occasions when I was little (who am I kidding, she still makes it. It’s just super nostalgic, okay?) ANYWAYS, this soup had a nice texture, a nice creamy richness, and it was wonderful both with and without crackers. AND there were no staples in it, unlike some soups I’ve had from the Bon. 


Soup Review: 4/5 stars

 

That’s all for now! Go out and have a rain/soup filled week Pios! (Bonus points if you end up having a week that’s full of soup rain)

 

-Mack

(they/them)

 

email: mwille@lclark.edu

insta: @mack_mae11