planning for next semester (ugh)

Hey hi, Pios!

 

Along with midterms this week, it also happens to be the time of year in which planning for next semester takes place… yayyyy… 

 

Last semester, I had a visit with the College Advising Center to try and map out my 4-year plan, a tangible schedule of all of the classes I need to take in my undergrad, and when. This process is vital to double majoring (in my opinion) and in my case especially since none of my classes overlap in between majors. I’m also just someone who likes to be organized (and perhaps someone who gets anxious if I am not so), and knowing exactly what I need to plan for the next 4 years is incredibly important and helpful. Anyways, I went to my meeting, created my 4-year plan, and went on my way. Or so I thought…

 

This week, the classes offered next semester became available on the ever-trusty WebAdvisor. So, I went to search for the classes I had planned out, only to discover that 3 of the classes my advisor had told me to take next semester weren’t even offered! A bit distraught, I tried plugging in the alternatives that my advisor gave me for just this occasion and… none of those were available either. 

 

I find myself in a particularly troublesome position because many classes needed for my theatre major are only offered every few years, ergo I need to prioritize those when they become available. However, I also need to prioritize the classes needed for my psychology major because those classes fill up extremely quickly, it being L&C’s most popular major. You’d think that maybe they would consider just adding more psych class slots, but that has yet to happen. As you can see, Pios, I’m rather stuck.

 

Dealing with this, studying for multiple midterms, and applying to be an RA next year (I’m actually super excited about that!!) have made quite the delectable recipe for stress this week. Nevertheless, I simply scheduled another meeting with the College Advising Center, a meeting with my faculty advisor, and continued to study the best I could. Stressful times are inevitable, but how we deal with them is controllable. That’s important to remember. 

 

Unfortunately, this also means that I was too stressed to sample any soup for y’all. I apologize most sincerely. Honestly, the obscene lack of soup probably contributed to the stress this week. I’ll try to be better in the future, for my own sake. 

 

I hope all of your midterms have been far more manageable than mine, Pios! And if not, I am positive you’ll get through them regardless. 


Here, have some complimentary photos of my lovely friends and I at the Spring Ball!

All my love, 

-Mack

(they/them)

 

email: mwille@lclark.edu

insta: @mack_mae11