thinking about next fall + escape room + signs of spring :)

 Hi everyone, I hope y'all had great weeks!

My week was, again, uneventful. I'm officially through midterms season, and last week, as well as the next, were/are a bit more relaxed for me (well, as relaxed as they can be with the amount of reading I have!) I'm also looking forward to spring break. I'm not exactly sure what my plans are, but it sounds like I'll be spending about half of the break on campus with my roommates and the other half at home with my family. In any case, the break from classes and work will be nice.

I'm also starting to plan for my class schedule next fall. Next semester is going to be an interesting one for me. Because I'll be going to Italy for my final semester at LC, I'll be completing the seminars for both of my majors in the fall. This is going to keep me SUPER busy! I already know what my English seminar is (Modernist short stories!), but the subject of my Classics seminar remains to be seen. Even though both of these will be a lot of work, I'm looking forward to doing some in-depth work on both of my majors.

I also need two PE credits. Traditional PE classes are worth one credit each, but at LC some other classes, like theater and dance, can also count as PE classes and can get you both credits in one class. There are some really cool offerings, like theatre movement classes, but I'm most interested in an intro to ballet class.

On top of all of that, I'm planning on taking the LSAT next fall. I'm planning to prepare for it over the summer, but I'll also be working on that through part of the semester. Overall, next fall is going to be very busy and a bit stressful but also productive. And I'm definitely going to enjoy the payoff of coasting through my last semester in Italy!

As far as fun stuff goes, this weekend I got to visit an escape room for the first time with friends! It was my first time going to one, and I had so much fun. Portland has a pretty big selection of good ones, and I highly suggest it as something fun to do with friends on a weekend.

Finally, here are a couple of lil signs of spring from this week on campus: a bee that was hanging out on my window, and some daffodils in full bloom :)






- Ashleen